Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh My God, I Can't Believe How Many Earrings I Made...

It's that time of year again. Time to get ready for the farmer's market. I have been selling at our local markets as an "artisan/crafter" for 5 or 6 years now. I have finally figured out that my biggest selling item is earrings. I sell a lot of them. They are reasonably priced, and really, you don't make a big commitment when you buy them. They're small, can fit in your suitcase if you are traveling, and everyone likes getting them for gifts. I take pride in my earrings. They need to last for years (I mean I love stores like Clare's, but really). I want customers to come back and say, "those are my favorite earrings, I never take them off!".
Anyway, I started making earrings, and I must have gone into a little trance, because before I knew it I had made a couple of hundred pair! It was great. I wondered, did I take some kind of drug? How did this happen?
I am so excited and ready for the market! I have dangly pairs (is "dangly" spelled right) and sparkly pairs. Something for everyone.
Now I have to start on necklaces....Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love how they look all together. Great colors. They're all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete