Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Wish I Knew What To Write About...




I just went down to visit my mom and help her clear out a house she is going to rent out. We had a big sale and I got to go through all of her stuff. And she has good stuff! Lots of good stuff.

Lots of dishes, linens, furniture, you know, house stuff. Well, she also buys hardback books. (I am too cheap and mostly buy paperbacks or get what I want from the library) One of the books she has is called "The Artist's Way". It is all about developing your creativity by writing a daily journal. I was really curious because it is one of the few in paperback. I found out my mom writes everyday, for 30 minutes. Everyday. Have you ever tried to write for 30 minutes everyday? I couldn't fathom it.

I tried to think of what I would write about if I did try & write everyday. Stephen King does. And look where it got him.

So, I started to wonder, do I even have 30 minutes of thoughts that have some kind of cohesive nature. I could write about what jewelry I am making, new techniques and all. I could write about my family, what my kids and dog have done that are interesting. My husband works around winegrapes all day. That is interesting. The weather, cool and breezy. My house, messy.

I was going to write about Obama's dog, Bo. He's cute.

I guess I will try to write a little each day. There is always something going on around here, and I do make reasonably nice jewelry which people seem to like.

I think I'll try for about 10 minutes and work my way up.


see my mom's children's books at http://franeorr.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment